Terry Brown’s Picks – April 2012
1. KVD – Simply the best.
2. Brent Ehrler – Versatile stick with one win already this year. Hard to argue with success and Brent has remained consistent throughout his career.
3. Skeet Reese – Leading AOY should have others worried. Doesn’t like to lose and is tough as nails. Fishes well under pressure.
4. Randall Tharp – Put a frog or a flipping stick in his hands and he is money. Shaping up to being a great year for Randy.
5. Chris Lane – May be the hottest angler on the planet right now. Great guy to boot and fishing easy right now. That is real scary.
6. Edwin Evers – One of the best natural anglers who can find them quick on the planet. One step away from superstardom.
7. Alton Jones – Great ability to find fish and milk an area. Versatile angler to boot.
8. Bryan Thrift – AOY and a top finisher in just about every event. Fishing easy and that is dangerous for his competition
9. Bobby Lane – Another guy who can quickly catch fire and learned a ton last season. Fished his entire life to be a pro. Like this guy!
10. Ish Monroe – Should be in the top 5 by year end. Fishes a lot of events to keep himself sharp.
11. Steve Kennedy – Hard to figure him out but cannot argue with success. Wonder how good he would be if he used new equipment?
12. Ott Defoe – Great 2011 and just has it dialed in. Humble guys with tools to make a big run at every event.
13. Mike Iaconelli – Calmer demeanor could put more fish in the boat for Mike. Great at every technique.
14. Aaron Martens – One of the best anglers on the planet and needs to get the monkey off his back this year. He should be in the top two or three on the BASS trail this year.
15. David Walker – One of the hottest anglers out there and has a new found confidence. Fishing easy and free.
16. Luke Clausen – Seems to be a top finisher and a threat to win everywhere. Great with a spinning rod.
17. Dave Lefebre – A natural on every kind of water he fishes. Dave would be a stick fishing out of a jon boat.
18. Jason Christie – A under the radar guy that can flat catch them. 2012 could be his break out year.
19. Jeff Kriet – Found his groove and can really find them. Could be his year.
20. Davy Hite – Veteran who always fishes to win. Love his approach.